Getting Started with the Micronaut® Framework
Compelling aspects of the Micronaut framework include:
- Develop applications with Java, Kotlin, or Apache Groovy
- Sub-second startup time
- Small processes that can run in as little as 10 MB of JVM heap
- No runtime reflection
- Dependency injection and AOP
- Reflection-free serialization
- A database access toolkit that uses ahead-of-time (AoT) compilation to pre-compute queries for repository interfaces.
- Cloud-native features
Sergio also demonstrates how you can generate GraalVM native images of your Micronaut applications to achieve instant startup and ultra-low memory footprint.
Sergio del Amo is a Micronaut core committer, Developer Advocate for the Micronaut Foundation, and host of the Micronaut podcast.
This talk demonstrates how easy it is to get started with the Micronaut Framework through live-coding examples. Attendees will discover the most exciting features of the Framework and leave with the fundamentals necessary to begin building Micronaut applications.
Micronaut® is a registered trademark of Object Computing, Inc. Use is for referential purposes and does not imply any endorsement or affiliation with any third-party product. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.